Opportunities for Your $10 billion Climate Change Fund to Collaborate with Canadian Energy Companies
Written by Deidra Garyk
In this open letter Deidra highlights Alberta’s up-and-coming clean tech sector.
“Here are a few examples of Alberta-based clean tech companies and their impressive accomplishments:
- Carbon Upcycling Technologies’ technology absorbs CO2 and turns it into inorganic solids that can be used in a variety of applications.
- Calgary-based micro-CO2 capture and utilization company CleanO2 turns CO2 into usable products such as soap.
- Eight of Canada’s 18 carbon capture, utilization and sequestration (CCUS) startups have roots in Alberta, including Carbon Engineering, Quantiam Technologies, HTC Systems, CTCNT and Industrial Climate Solutions.
- Upstream methane solution provider Questor Technology is able to generate electricity from waste heat and is moving to become a clean tech-focused emissions data company. In 2019 they placed on The Globe and Mail’s Canada’s 500 Top Growing Companies.
- Geothermal technology developers Eavor Technologies, Borealis Geopower, DEEP Corporation, and Terrapin Geothermics each achieved significant commercial milestones in 2018-2019 leveraging knowledge gained via Alberta’s oil and gas sector.”
– Deidra Garyk, EnergyNow Media 2020