Alberta Clean Technology Industry Alliance
Programs / Resources
Programs to assist companies positioned to help with COVID-19 efforts:
- Call to action: Canadian manufacturers needed to help combat COVID-19
- NRC Industrial Research Assistance Program
- Direct support to key Canadian companies that are working on research and development projects to fight COVID-19
- NRC COVID-19 Challenge Program
- Source equipment needed to support Canada’s response to COVID-19
The Alberta Emergency Management Agency programs:
- The Alberta Purchasing Connection (APC)
- Manage, advertise, distribute, and download public purchasing opportunities for goods, services, and construction in Alberta.
- The Emergency Response Database
- Add your company’s capabilities to the database, and if there is an emergency requirement for your product or service, you will be contacted by a representative of the Government of Alberta
- Transparent, accurate, medically-reviewed content that will help communities around the world develop open source medical supplies.
- Canada Emergency Response Benefit (CERB)
- Taxable benefit of $2000 a month for up to 4 months to those who are unable to work due to COVID-19
- Learn more
- For small employers a temporary wage subsidy for three months.
- 10% of remuneration paid during that period, up to a maximum subsidy of $1,375 per employee and $25,000 per employer.
The federal government has announced support for businesses. The following two are specifically targeted at SMEs:
Foresight – Resources and Discussion on COVID-19
- March 31, 1:00-2:00pm (MST) | Webinar | Register Here
Ontario Clean Tech Industry Alliance – COVID-19 Economic Impact & Policy Recommendations
- March 31, 2:15-3:45pm (MST) | Webinar | Register Here
MaRS Cleantech – Accessing Capital During the COVID-19 Crisis
- April 1, 9:00 – 10:00am (MST) | Webinar | Register Here
NREL Industry Growth Forum
- April 29-30 | Register Here
- NPC Virtual Pitch Series: Sustainable Packaging, March 26
- NPC Virtual Pitch Series: Insect Protein Showcase, April 23 (Special Event)
- Food Edge, May 6-7 (Virtual)
- NPC Virtual Pitch Series: Food Production, May 28
- NPC Virtual Pitch Series: ‘Better For You’ Food & Beverage (Part 2), June 18
Venture Summit | West [digital edition]
- May 5th – 7th | Register Here | ACTia Member Discount Available
Last Updated: March 26th
Founded in 2011, the Alberta Clean Technology Industry Alliance (ACTia) is the only province-wide and industry-focused group working to support Albertans developing clean technology.
Check out the events we have coming up, and read about our past events!
Questions? Get in touch!
Clean Tech Industry News
Foresight Cleantech Accelerator Centre announced the 2020 Cleantech Award Winners at the Cleantech Awards Show at the Globe 2020 Forum in Vancouver. ACTia member company Borealis GeoPower Inc. awarded Transformation Advocate award! [...]
Subscribe to keep up to date with events, networking, funding opportunities and conferences in clean tech.